- Sample reception and confirming samples are in good condition login appropriately as well as maintaining a clean workplace.
- Preparation of gas chromatography (GC) vials for field gas sampling (crimping and evacuating of fresh vials, opening, de-crimping and cleaning of used vials).
- Loading and unloading of GC auto-samplers with GC Vials for analysis.
- Preparation of standard calibration gas for CG analysis.
- Assisting our laboratory technician with the analysis of gas samples in the GC lab.
- Data entry for auxiliary field data that is required for gas flux calculation.
- Assisting our Laboratory Technician with the data quality control, preparation of calibration curves, instruments maintenance and instrument performance checks.
- Help with other lab activities that may come up during times of intense lab and field experiments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sustainable Energy, Climate Change, Environmental Science, Ecology, Chemistry or related field.
- Experience in working in a research laboratory with specialized analytical equipment like HPLC, Gas Chromatography, spectrophotometer etc.