Coordinates the implementation of people-related services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff; reports to the CEO; and assists and advises company managers on Human Resources Related issues.
- Development of the Human Resources Department-Oversee the implementation of Human Resources programs through Human Resources staff. Identify opportunities for improvement and resolve problems.
- Organization Development-Design, direct, and manage a company-wide process of organization development that addresses issues such as succession planning, superior workforce development, key employee retention, organization design, and change management.
- Manpower Planning-Identify staff vacancies and recruit.
- Performance Management-Analyze statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization’s personnel policies and practices.
- Employee Relations-Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Compensation & Benefits-Analyze and recommend amends to compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements,
- Staff Welfare- Oversee the initiatives that promote staff satisfaction.
- Learning and Development-Analyze training needs to design employee development, facilitate in-house training for staff on soft skill areas as well as technical skills required for staff performance improvements.
- Corporate Social Responsibility- in charge of ancillary areas such as CSR. The position holder will oversee and drive such initiatives and coordinate such activities and events.
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development.
- Above average written and spoken communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship and employee coaching skills
- Demonstrate ability to lead and develop HR department staff members.
- Demonstrate ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the management team that provides overall company leadership and direction.
- Good computer skills. Must include knowledge of Word, Excel and skills in Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and experience in handling labour relations matters
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources recognition and engagement programs and processes.
- Excellent organizational management skills.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Science or Organization Development
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Human Resources positions.
- Member of IHRM
- Specific training in labour relations, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training preferred.
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations preferred.
- Possess ongoing affiliations with HR practitioners in companies and organizations that practice effective Human Resources Management.
- Having worked in the healthcare field is an added advantage