Key Job Role
Reporting to the Country Representative, the Team Assistant will play a key role in maintaining the country offices. This position will have frequent interactions with other Foundation staff in Toronto, Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as the office’s first point of contact for any queries and answer internal and external calls promptly and politely.
- Build, liaise and sustain relationships with employees, external stakeholders and general public on behalf of the Country Office.
- Provide administrative support to all Rwanda office staff.
- Manage office calendars including prioritizing and resolving scheduling conflicts as required.
- Coordinate logistics of project meetings and events including room bookings, catering, refreshments etc. Prepare meeting materials as appropriate.
- Coordinate and/or support global travel arrangements including hotel bookings, ground/air transportation, travel itineraries and meeting briefs in advance of all trips. This could also include visas, expense reports etc.
- Manage agenda and take minutes at team meetings. Create, maintain and update the organization of files and records for teams.
- Maintain organization of the database, shared network drives and SharePoint sites.
- Assist with budget preparation and forecasting.
- Assist with special projects.
- Facilitate internal communication within the Country Office.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- A College diploma or University degree is required
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience in an Administrative Assistant role in a fast-paced environment. Local experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to consistently and effectively produce high quality work. and possess a “take charge” attitude and sense of ownership.
- Strong communication skills in English; written and spoken, and ability to communicate in Kinyarwanda. French is an added advantage.
- Service oriented with a willingness to take on a variety of tasks/activities.
- Able to work independently with little direction or supervision and possess ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Office 365 and SharePoint).
- Professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures and impeccable integrity.
- Ability to set and achieve clear objectives.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- You are flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- You possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, exhibiting grace under pressure.
- Excellent initiative
- You possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.