The Procurement Officer oversees the Purchasing function for obtaining equipment’s, Spares, Maintenance, Repairs & Operation Materials consumables and services requested by all departments and ensures that procurement is timely, competitive and of the required quality and quantity.
- Ensuring all control procedures set for procurement sections are always adhered to and reporting any deviation to the Managing Director immediately.
- Monitor the delivery of all goods and services to ensure that items are delivered as per orders and advice user departments of any deviation
- Ensure that all suppliers have gone through the prequalification processes before engaging business with them.
- Manage the local and overseas buying process ensuring it is timely, efficient, effective and budget compliant
- Ensure that contractual obligations to suppliers are met at mutually beneficial terms both to the company & to the supplier
- Maintain sound and cooperative relations with other departments providing information and advice as necessary to ensure satisfactory service delivery
- Ensure that there are sufficient stocks of consumable materials to mitigate against stock outs
- Ensure uninterrupted flow of equipment’s, spares & services from external sources through effective management of the procurement processes.
- Maintain effective relationships with existing sources of goods & services and develop other sources either as alternatives or to meet emerging or planned needs.
- Lead the supplier prequalification exercise in liaison with department heads and ensuring results are communicated to suppliers. Always maintain the approved supplier list.
- Coordinate purchasing activities and e.g. annual tendering process, whilst ensuring the company’s cost structure is protected and that we obtain best value for money on all supplies.
- Negotiate with suppliers, raise purchase Indents, draft contracts with selected suppliers with approval from the Managing Director
- Manage the international buying process ensuring it is timely, efficient & complies with all regulatory requirements.
- Ensure and confirm there is no replication of spares, equipment’s being purchased
- Involve the technical team when purchasing spares and understand the use of an equipment/ spares being purchased
- Vetting of suppliers. The company should receive utmost three quotations before engaging a supplier and ensure that the selected suppliers are credible, reliable and capable of delivering required goods and/or services.
- Negotiate with the supplies on the best payment terms and discounts
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time by the Managing Director.
Education/qualifications Degree in a business-related field
Experience Three years working experience in procurement, one of which should have been at a supervisory level.
Skills Honest and possessing a high level of integrity
Good Negotiation skills
Good interpersonal skills
Good team player
Ability to exercise sound judgment
Computer literacy and familiarity with standard
office computer applications
Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadline