Reporting to the procurement Officer, the Procurement Assistant is Responsible for Timely procurement and delivery of high Quality, Low Cost deals and proper processing of Assigned customer orders. The procurement assistant selects and evaluates the performance of the suppliers, oversees the customs clearing process and coordinates the processing of assigned customers’ orders.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Effectively and efficiently sources goods and services both locally and internationally as per laid down procedures.
- Establishes Quality and quantity specifications of the goods and services that are being utilized by the company.
- Negotiates terms and conditions of purchase with various suppliers in liaison with the procurement committee
- Manage suppliers/customers relations, monitoring market trends; ensuring timely supply of quality goods and services that meet all the specifications, company requirements and from the approved suppliers
- Implement the procurement policies and ensuring procurement process follow the fore laid down procedures
- Liaise with various suppliers and clearing agent’s transporters and regulating authorities for timely and effective delivery of materials.
- Maximise Savings and benefits from procurement activities.
- Evaluate new suppliers and maintain a list of approved suppliers to ensure proper inventory records are maintained in the system.
- Ensure orders adhere to supplier agreements and contracts. Reports non conformities and non-compliance
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and supply Chain Management; required
- 2-3 years of experience in busy procurement department serving internal customers
- Registered member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management or CIPS
- Excellent MS Word, Excel and Outlook skills
- Microsoft Dynamics – Great Plains user (added advantage)
- Be organized and able to withstand pressure, be flexible with a high level of responsibility.
- Inter-personal relations and high integrity
- Effective negotiation and leadership skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and a critical thinker
- Ability to move with speed and follow through the workflow procedures
- Registered member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management or CIP