Our client is hospital in Nairobi, they seek to hire 5 patient care attendants. The post holders will ensure the safe practice of the environment for the patient and staff is maintained at all times. He/She will be expected to treat every patient with dignity, respect, privacy and that each patient/client will be encouraged to be involved in making their own decisions related to their care as much as possible.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Transport or wheel patients to appropriate areas within the hospital and/ or its subsidiaries.
- Adhere to all hospital rules, regulations and standards.
- Work together with nurses to assist with ambulating, turning and positioning of patients.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality regarding patient files and conditions.
- Provide direct assistance to the nursing department.
- Ensure that the assigned are thoroughly cleaned to meet the expected standards.
- Provide patients with food, beverages and any other forms of nourishment as required.
- Help with making patient beds.
- Run errands for the department and deliver messages accurately and promptly.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned, Charge Nurse or Unit Manager.
Skills and Qualifications
- Relevant training in Patient Care giving
- Assist in Lifting, positioning and transferring patients, Patient care, Public health, Bed making
- Ladies, preferably ages 27 to 30 years
- Should be able to work either night or day shift