REPORTS DIRECT TO: SALES AND DISTRIBUTION MANAGER
- Manage a portfolio of client accounts, maintain a database of the same and ensure continuous growth in sales, achievement of targets and cross selling product range.
- Grow and develop existing customers as well as generating new business.
- Undertake account and relationship management by being the first point of contact for customers, resolving all client queries and issues in the shortest time possible.
- Develop business plan, lead the sales pitch and negotiate the contractual agreements based on the set guidelines.
- Manage debt collection by ensuring all accounts operate within their agreed credit limits and all receivables are collected within agreed date of statement.
- Ensure successful product listing with key accounts
- Undertake customer visits via a predetermined itinerary, ensuring positive one-on-one relationships with key personnel, top to bottom, to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Managing stocks always, product performance to meet customers’ expectations and on-time re-ordering.
- Share weekly reports and action log with sales manager.
- To work with the Finance department to ensure all customers’ accounts are fully reconciled with appropriate credit limits and all statements are distributed on time all the time.
- To work with the invoicing and dispatch teams simultaneously, establishing stock availability to meet daily orders, on-time delivery of orders and arrange alternatives such assisting in making urgent customer deliveries if necessary.
- To conduct continuous competitor product and pricing surveys within the territory.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the company’s products, policies and procedures to ensure a consistent delivery of sales to all customers.
- Accompany, coach and mentor the key accounts team.
- Degree/Diploma in a business-related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales and distribution/Key Account will be added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills couple with good listening and analytics skills.
- Proactive, confident, energetic and able to work under pressure.
- Positive attitude