We are looking for an Internal Auditor to head audit in our company. This position will be charged with the responsibility of reviewing the accounts of the company to ensure the validity and legality of their financial records. The position will also act in an advisory role to recommend possible risk aversion measures and cost savings that could be made.
- Coordinates work with Risk, Legal & Compliance and other control-related activities within the plant.
- Conducts risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate wastage, downtimes and identified risks.
- Performs audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques.
- Analyses and concludes on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment.
- Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Documents the results of audit work in accordance with audit department and the company policies.
- Prepares timely audit reports for executive management, the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Acts as primary client liaison within Internal Audit.
- Assess, evaluate and promote compliance to internal company policies.
- Contributes, as appropriate, in the year-end financial audit.
- Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within the company.
- Collating, checking and analyzing production data.
- Examining company accounts and financial control systems.
- Gauging levels of financial risk within organizations.
- Checking that financial reports and records are accurate and reliable.
- Ensuring that assets are safeguarded and optimized.
- Identifying if and where processes are not working as they should and advising on changes to be made.
- Preparing reports, commentaries and financial statements
- Liaising with managerial staff and presenting findings and recommendations.
- Ensuring procedures, policies, legislation and regulations are correctly followed and complied with.
Qualifications and training required
- Degree in Finance/ Accounting.
- Professional Qualification in ACCA/CPAK.
- At least 7 years experience as an Internal Auditor.
- Self-motivation, determination and confidence in your abilities
- Ability to divide your time between work and study
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Numeracy and a strong aptitude for mathematics
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A keen interest in the financial system
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills