The Role: To gain experience of all aspects of human resources and personnel.
You will work with a view to progressing to officer level, where you will be given the responsibility for a full portfolio of departments.
- Meeting with departmental representatives to discuss HR issues
- Referring issues to senior HR staff
- Assisting departments with their recruitment needs through liaison with clients requirements
- Coordinating prospective candidates, interviewing them and administering offers
- Conducting inductions of new staff
- Participating in the collection of market salary information for the annual review
- Inputting into the monthly payroll
- Assisting with the production and implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Responding to other ad-hoc queries from other personnel in the company
Qualifications & Requirements
- Ideally, you’ll be a recent graduate with an HR degree or diploma. Alternatively, you should be a graduate with some demonstrable HR experience.
- Most of your training will be on-the-job
- A genuine interest in developing a career in HR
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- The ability to act in a confidential and sensitive manner
- A willingness to travel to regional offices on occasion
- An interest in working with people
- Be confident about gathering facts and making financial calculations
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to work accurately, with good attention to detail