- Installs and repairs electronic equipment and in field installations: Consults with
customer or supervisor to plan layout of equipment.
- Studies blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine
- Installs or oversees installation of equipment as per manufacturer’s specifications.
- Operates system to demonstrate equipment and to analyze malfunctions.
- Interprets maintenance manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams, and repairs
equipment, utilizing knowledge of electronics and using standard test instruments
and hand tools.
- Instructs and directs customer’s technicians in servicing and repairing equipment.
- Consults with engineering personnel to resolve unusual problems in system
operation and maintenance.
- May instruct customer’s technicians in electronic theory.
- May supervise customer’s technicians in testing, tuning, and adjusting equipment
to obtain optimum operating performance.
- May advise management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance,
and suggestions for product improvements.
- 3 years’ experience in a similar.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, Civil, and/or mechanical engineering.