- New off-grid solar industry company targeting middle to upper market customer segments with a premium product at competitive prices
- Unique consumer financing model through leading African financial institution has been established and needs to be implemented
- Vision of creating sustainable energy solutions for the Kenyan off grid market
- Longer term to expand to other relevant markets
- Dynamic and action-oriented culture with focus on a few but highly skilled and motivated employees
- Build and lead local team from currently 20 staff to roll-out across Kenya
- Responsible for building and managing relationship with corporate partner
- Ensure compliance and implementation of Board resolutions.
- Ensure prudent financial management
- Enforce a culture of action-oriented sales initiatives and customer focus
- Engagement with various stakeholders
- Develop performance standards together with mechanisms for monitoring and evaluation to ensure effective implementation of the strategic plan and achievement of the performance targets.
- Develop networks and partnerships with stakeholders.
- 7-10 years senior management experience from international companies, ideally with a strong B2C element.
- Proven track record in Africa, preferably in Kenya
- Hands-on, with a strong operational mindset – and strong attention to details
- Ability to manage complex multiple tasks simultaneously
- Team player, motivator – has built a team from scratch
- Ability to work on all levels in an organisation
- Able to build relationships with external partners and institutions at senior management level
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset, experience with start-ups a clear advantage
- Competitive package based on qualifications
- Share options over time based on agreed milestones and performance