Our client is a leading provider of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions. They seek to hire a Business Development Manager to manage existing accounts and scale the business to higher heights. The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree and currently working in the global logistics supply chain.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Promote and grow their freight services (both imports and exports)
- Promote the company name and values
- Cold calling, quoting new business and close new business
- Maintaining a healthy pipeline of customers/ accounts.
- Reporting weekly activities and monthly achievements to your line manager.
- Updating the CRM system
- Achieving an agreeable target every year, divided into quarterly, monthly and daily goals
- Developing new ideas/ strategies
- Extensive amount of travel is required and candidates must be willing to travel on short notice.
- Capability to work with different cultures and an extra language would be beneficial.
Skills Requirement and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Logistics
- Minimum of 4+ years of air freight forwarding and global logistics experience
- Proven ability to establish or enhance air freight forwarding operational functions (domestic, import and export)
- Strong understanding of applicable TSA requirements, laws, regulations and other government requirements
- Results oriented with the drive to grow a domestic and international air freight forwarding business
- Experience participating in the creation of strategic planning initiatives
- Strong analytical skills with a systematic problem-solving approach
- People from the freight forwarding industry are preferred
- Should be open to travel
- Experience of Freight Forwarding (mandatory