|PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE|
To provide second level support to customer queries received from all touch points and act as a link between the company departments and corporate in regards to escalations.
|KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES, MEASURES & CONTACTS|
|The key accountabilities, interfaces and measures of this role is further elaborated below:
· Using MAL’s internal CRM system, manage technical and Service Support escalations from all service touch points (Branch, Call Centre, Social Media, Agencies, Field service, Anti-piracy team, Service Desk etc.)
· Activate or deactivate customers’ satellite services upon request.
· Prioritizing and handling escalations as received from different customer touch points
· Carrying out daily system health checks and sharing a report on the same.
· Carry out hardware, channel and system testing for new implementations and technologies. A report on findings to be generated and shared with all stake holders at the end of the test period.
· Maintains financial accounts by processing customer adjustments and providing billing information.
· Escalate to corporate all service related issues that require third level support (Products, services, programs and information which the individual must provide to external individuals or groups, or one another to accomplish the organization’s mission and strategy)
· Resolve escalated customer queries and complaints and provide feedback to customers and matters resolved.
· Escalate issues to relevant departments and follow up to resolution
· Tracking of escalations to other departments and third level to ensure issue resolution within stipulated TATs
· Enforcement of the escalations and call back process for better customer experience
· Knowledge of Clarity and core Clarity pillars – ICC, SAP & CRM
· First Response Time: -Achieve a first response time of 4 hours for cases escalated to business desk and emails, and 30 minutes for urgent escalations sent by email to business desk support mailing list.
· Service Level Agreement:-Maintaining a business desk SLA of 99% with at least 90% of the cases handled within 4 hours in order to avoid repeat calls and enhance customer experience
· Case Resolution Rate:-measures productivity of each back office team member. It is a comparative measure based on the number of cases/emails handled per day/ hour in relation to the average for the day to measure individual effectiveness. A variance of not more than 5% from average case/emails for the day with 95% productivity is expected.
· Escalation Management-measures This KPI measures how escalations are handled. Escalations to third level must be followed up for a ref number and indicated on the tracker and status updated accordingly. Cases on individual queues should not stay for more 72 hours old, unless advised by reporting manager.
· Case Quality Tagging:-measures the quality of cases escalated to business desk from all touch points and also the quality of the resolution/feedback given from business desk. Cases that lack critical information will be tagged as invalid with reason for tagging given by the person who handled the case. Resolution to be guided by Business Rules, to reduce risk to the organization. Target is 90% quality.
· Attendance and Punctuality: -measures the team’s attendance against scheduled shifts. The target is to achieve less than 5% absence of the total working days with 95% punctuality.
Key Internal contacts
· Business Desk Supervisor- (daily) Schedule adherence, daily reporting, performance reviews and feedback sessions, escalation, resolving complex issues/feedback, Consultation.
· CSR (daily): Source of escalations to be handled
· Operations Supervisors (Daily)-through the business desk supervisor, share feedback on case handling and any service affecting issues picked from the call centre that need business desk’s intervention
· Head of Operations (Weekly, Monthly): Direction, Support, Escalations, Working environment, Welfare, communication, reports.
· Other Departments (Daily): -Logging escalations on behalf, follow up and sharing updates from corporate till closure
Key External contacts
· Corporate (daily): Log service affecting calls to service desk (Corporate), and follow up till closure.
· Agencies:-handle customer related escalations from agencies that come via cases on Clarity
· Credited DStv installers (Daily):-Call installers to handle customer installations
|QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE|
The incumbent is required to have the following qualifications and experience level:
· Minimum first degree in social sciences and/or a business related field
|SKILLS & ABILITIES|
The incumbent should have demonstrated the following competencies:
· Time Flexibility
· Service Orientation
· Good Judgement
· Self confidence