The Area Sales Manager must identify, build and maintain a strong relationship with Key Accounts in the region allocated. They will manage their sales force within their defined regional territory. He/ she is responsible for overseeing sales operations, meeting targets and managing the sales team by offering support to the team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Listing the full range of company’s products with the Key accounts as per communicated targets.
- Retain and nurture existing customers, ensuring repeat sales, volume growth, increased rate of sale and customer satisfaction.
- Open quality new customer accounts, promoting distribution through approved route to market partners for both Modern and general trade.
- Managing, training and motivating existing sales team to drive revenue growth.
- Develop and manage efficient distribution networks for sales.
- Develop efficient and creative sales and marketing strategies for the assigned territory and target setting for the sales team.
- Collecting customer and market feedback and reporting the same to the organization.
- Monitoring sales team performance, analyzing sales data, periodical forecasting and reporting to Regional Sales Manager.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Marketing or business-related course
- 3-5 years of sales experience in the FMCG industry,
- Confident, presentable and aggressive, with ability follow-through on join business plans
- In-depth understanding of company key accounts and their position in the industry
- Ability to handle and overcome objections from customers while negotiating terms of trade.
- Planning and presenting reports on key account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members.