REPORTING TO: FINANCE MANAGER
DOTTED LINE REPORTING TO: GENERAL MANAGER/ OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF THIS POSITION:
To Provide accurate and timely financial information to management for decision making and financial control and profit maximization.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
These are outlined in the following main categories
- Book Keeping and Accounting
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards and policies.
- Compute and account for taxes owed, prepare and file tax returns, ensuring compliance with tax laws, deadlines and statutory legislation.
- Fixed Assets management and control including preparation of the Fixed Assets Movement Schedule and accounting for the Depreciation thereon.
- Cash and Treasury Management
- Receive cash and cheque collections from customers. Record such receipts in the SAGE Accounting system and make deposits of the same within 24 hours
- Manage all requisitions for payments.
- Prepare all supplier payments after due reconciliation of all Supplier accounts and ensure the same are fully approved by the respective managers and Bank Signatories.
- Collaborate effectively with the Sales and Operations departments and be the lead in Credit Control to ensure the customer accounts are well reconciled and discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner to avoid delay in customer payments.
- Issue Monthly Statements to Customers and follow-up for the collections.
- Financial Analyses, Control and Reporting
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Submit daily reports for Sales, Collections, and Bank Deposits; weekly Stock Reconciliations, aging of Receivables; and Monthly Sales Analyses.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts. (Make best-practices recommendations to management)
- Liaison with internal and external auditors for the smooth audits and implementation of the Management Letter items highlighted thereof.
- Procurement and Suppliers Management
- Supervise and Direct the management of requisitions from the user departments and reconcile the summary thereof to the Purchase Orders that need to be raised.
- Ensure all Purchase Orders are appropriately approved and authorised.
- Ensure that Supplier Reconciliations are done on a monthly basis and the same reconciliation forms the basis of payments.
ACADEMIC, PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Degree in BCom with finance or accounting options
- Minimum of a CPA Part 11 (Sec. 4) or its ACCA equivalent
- Strong analytical skills
- Keenness to detail
- Excellent computer spreadsheet skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Minimum 10 years of practical experience in a similar or Senior Accountant position
- Experience in the service industry is an added advantage