Responsible for providing financial and management accounting support for the NOC Kenya. This includes ensuring the committee follows: Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and related laws and regulations. Developing accounting related policies and procedures and ensuring the committee is adhering to them. Analysing accounting records, reviewing department transactions, preparing accounting reports, providing training and completing special projects. To provide effective support to the committee and to be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the management accountant activities. This role focuses on the running and development of the management accounting, improving processes, systems and controls to equip the team to deliver for their various stakeholders.
- Provide various finance and accounting services for NOC Kenya.
- Manage revenue generation programmes.
- Preparing the monthly profit and loss, and balance sheet reports.
- Developing and managing an organisation’s finances to support the planning and implementation of its objectives.
- Preparation of book of accounts.
- Preparing and filing of tax returns on time.
- Understanding all financial and accounting regulations; keeping up to date with changes and ensuring NOC Kenya adheres to the rules.
- Working with departmental managers to assess the NOC Kenya’s financial status and develop methods for improved efficiency and cost cutting.
- Preparing weekly cash flow statements, and controlling expenditure and cash flow.
- Measuring the actual performance against set standards or targets;
- Table accounts to the Executive Committee through the Treasurer;
- Estimation of working capital requirements and planning the levels of investment in current assets.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting; Master's Degree in accounting may be preferred.
- CPA (K) qualified
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible finance experience with both revenue and expenses.
- Significant Client interaction and confidentiality of contractual and financial information are mandatory.
- Always learn and adhere to all Company policies and procedures and conduct.
- Reliable and punctual in attendance.
- Willingness to learn new concept and develop new skills through ongoing training/education.